Here we take a look at the Forbes list of the Top 10 Richest men in Asia 2020, who is the richest man, take a look at it!
1. Jack Ma ( Founder and Executive Chairman, Alibaba Group )
- Ma Yun born 10 September 1964), known professionally as Jack Ma, is a Chinese business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is the co-founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group, a multinational technology conglomerate. As of November 2019, he is one of China’s richest men with a net worth of US$42.1B, as well as one of the wealthiest people in the world.
- Ma is seen as a global ambassador for Chinese business and as such is frequently listed as one of the world’s most powerful people by Forbes.In 2017, he was ranked 2nd in the annual “World’s 50 Greatest Leaders” list by Fortune.
2. Mukesh Ambani (Founder and Chairman, Reliance Industries Ltd.)
Real Time Net Worth $40.4B
- Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani (born 19 April 1957) is an Indian business magnate who is the chairman, managing director and largest shareholder of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), a Fortune Global 500 company and India’s most valuable company by market value.
- Ambani was ranked by Forbes as 10th-wealthiest person in the world. He surpassed Jack Ma as Asia’s richest person with a net worth of $53.1 billion in November 2019.
3. Ma Huateng ( Chairman and CEO, Tencent Holdings )
Real Time Net Worth $39B
- Ma Huateng (also known as Pony Ma) chairs Chinese Internet giant Tencent Holdings, which ranks among the nation’s largest businesses by market cap.
- Tencent’s popular social messaging app WeChat has nearly one billion users.
- In contrast to his outgoing rival at Alibaba, Ma has a low-profile style that befits his engineering background.
- Tencent acquired a 12% stake in Snapchat-parent Snap, according to a November 2019 filing; it also made a pre-IPO investment in Snap
4. Hui Ka Yan ( Chairman, Evergrande Real Estate Group )
Real Time Net Worth $29.9B
- Hui Ka Yan chairs Hong Kong-listed real estate developer China Evergrande Group of Shenzhen, active in residential and commercial property.
- Hui graduated from a college specialized in steel; he worked as a technician in a steel factory for 10 years after graduating in 1982.
- Hui Ka Yan took Evergrande public in 2009. The company has real estate projects in more than 200 cities across China.
- Eyeing growth in China’s healthcare spending, Hui created publicly-listed Evergrande Health and partnered with Harvard-affiliated Brigham Hospital.
- Evergrande owns the majority of one of China’s most winning soccer teams; Alibaba Group holds a minority stake.
Real Time Net Worth $29.8B
- Lee Shau-kee GBM (Chinese: born 7 March 1929 in Shunde , Foshan , Guangdong , China) is a Hong Kong-based real estate tycoon and majority owner of Henderson Land Development, a property conglomerate with interests in properties, hotels, restaurants and internet services.
- As of October 2012 according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index Lee is listed as the 19th richest person in the world. As of January 2018, Lee’s personal wealth was estimated to be $31.5 billion, making him the second wealthiest man in Hong Kong, and the 27th richest in the world. But Forbes new february list they have estimated by Forbes to have a net worth of $28.8 billion.
6. Li Ka-shing ( Chairman, CK Hutchison Holdings )
Real Time Net Worth $27.5B
- Nicknamed Superman, Li Ka-shing is revered as one of the most influential businessmen in Asia.
- Li announced in March plans to retire as chairman of CK Hutchison Holdings and CK Asset Holdings in May but will remain an advisor.
- His son Victor will take over the conglomerate, which now has 323,000 employees and operates in more than 50 nations.
- Li started Cheung Kong plastics, named after the Yangtze River, in 1950 at age 21 with $6,500 in savings and loans from relatives.
- His Li Ka Shing Foundation has donated more than $2.6 billion; over 80% has gone to Greater China.
7. Yang Huiyan ( Country Garden Holdings )
Real Time Net Worth $25.1B
- yang Huiyan (Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Pinyin: Yáng Huìyán; born 1981) is a Chinese property developer and the majority shareholder (55%) of Country Garden Holdings. She is the richest woman in Asia.
- She is the daughter of Yang Guoqiang, who started his company Biguiyuan in 1997 and transferred 70% of Country Garden’s shares to her before its IPO in 2007.The wealthiest mainland Chinese in the previous year, 2006, was Huang Guangyu. Country Garden’s initial offering raised about $1.6 billion, or as much as Google raised in 2004 in the United States. As of June 2018, Yang had a net worth of US$25.8 billion.
- Yang is vice chairman of the board’s governance committee and helped raise $410 million selling new shares in 2014, according to Forbes.
8. Masayoshi Son ( CEO, Softbank Corp. )
Real Time Net Worth $25.1B
- Masayoshi Son (Japanese Hepburn: Son Masayoshi, Korean Son Jeong-ui; born August 11, 1957) is a Japanese business magnate and investor of Korean descent who is the founder and current chief executive officer of Japanese holding conglomerate SoftBank, the chief executive officer of SoftBank Mobile, current chairman of U.S.-based Sprint Corporation and chairman of U.K.-based Arm Holdings. According to Forbes magazine, Son’s estimated net worth is US $24billion and he is the richest man in Japan, despite having the distinction of losing the most money in history (approximately $70bn during the dot com crash of 2000). Forbes also describes him as a philanthropist.
- Son was named the world’s 45th most powerful person by Forbes Magazine’s List of The World’s Most Powerful People in 2013.
9. Wang Wei ( Chairman, SF Express )
Real Time Net Worth $17.1B
- Wang Wei chairs S F Holding, a package delivery service known as the Fedex of China its also called SF Express.
- In March 2018, the company obtained China’s first license for drone deliveries.
- S.F. was founded in the city of Shunde in Guangdong Province in 1993; Wang owns just over 60% of the shares.
- Wang took the package delivery firm public through a reverse merger on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange in early 2017.
10. Wang Jianlin ( Chairman, Dalian Wanda Group )
Real Time Net Worth $14.3B
- Wang Jianlin (Chinese: pinyin: Wáng Jiànlín; born 24 October 1954) is a Chinese business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is the founder of the conglomerate company Dalian Wanda Group, China‘s largest real estate development company, as well as the world’s largest movie theater operator. He owns 20% of the Spanish football club Atlético Madrid. In 2016, Wang agreed on a deal with FIFA to launch the China Cup, in which national football teams compete in Asia each year.
- During the course of his career, Wang was the economic consultant of Yunnan province, as well as a construction consultant of the Guiyang government, and was named honorable citizen of Changchun city, and “outstanding contributor” to the construction of Dalian city.
- As of February 2018, Wang is estimated by Forbes to have a net worth of $30.1 billion, making him one of the richest men in China and Asia. But Forbes new february list they have estimated by Forbes to have a net worth of $14.3 billion.